View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Somerset Val

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i have one for my Janome that looks like the first one. the sales lady gave me the wrong one and i tried and tried to get it to pop in place. luckily I took it back and get the right one. it snaps in place over the bobbin area and you move the bar to the size circle you want to make. it has a sharp "tack" the fabric or qlt block goes over. not fond of that but it holds the fabric in place as it goes around.
http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...ing_Attachment
I have the same one and have used it to make lots of tablemats. The fabric needs interfacing so that the circle keeps its shape as the fabric rotates. I cut a square (no bias edges to cause problems) of pelmet Vilene and a thin layer of cotton batting and sandwich them between two squares of cotton fabric. When I've finished stitching any patterns, I do a narrow zigzag around the perimeter, then remove it from the machine and cut out the circle. Then it goes back on the circle attachment and I stitch round with a wider zigzag, once or twice, until the white filling is covered with thread and no longer visible. The attachment makes up to a 12" diameter circle.