View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 AM
dotski

well where do i start...i promised my sil last year i would make a king sized puff/biscuit quilt for her bed....
every year we go visit w/my bro and his wife in n.c. in july well last year we went shopping for fabric got it all and never started anything til just about a month ago ( you all know how other quilts and life get in the way ) well here it is almost time to visit again and the quilt is not done....and to top it all off i'm having surgery on my rotator cup on friday....holy cow i only have 4 days to finish...(and 4 dr. appoinments, a massage, picking up and dropping off granddaughter and just all the other household things i need to do ) it's so big i had to cut it in half to work with it. also have to make a pair of valances and a pair of pillow shams to match. the valances are cut and will take no time to do up 3 seams on each. pillow shams not clue what i'm gonna do with them should i make them puffed also or just 5 in. squares or just the same fabric as the valances ?
well after this week all i will be able to do is read, sleep, play on the computer...i mean quilting board. maybe i will destash my sewing room and clean up my flash drive with all the quilting stuff i've downloaded and hunt for patterns for when i can sew again which i'm told i can't move my are for at least 8 weeks, boy am i in trouble. it's my left shoulder and i'm left handed !!!!
now that i vented back to the sewing room i go. here's a pic of half of the monster. she wanted southwestern so colors are teals, browns, rusts, beiges and greens.
thanks for listening
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214212.jpe