Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 AM
jigs1354

OH!! darling duckies and that baby boy isn't bad either. Just love those new babies, I remember our grand babies at that age, now they are 8/11.You did a great job on the applique duckies, I'm where you are with machine applique, scares me to death too, the same as you. You know we sew flat out most of the time but don't quite know how to go slow but you did amazing work on them girlfriend, I'll send you mine to do lol Shirley /Tn. (jigs1354).
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
My niece just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago and I just now got the top of the quilt done. I had the ducks cut out a month before he was born, but the applique just scared the bug juice right outta me. lol Well I finally sat down and figured I had better get busy. So I messed around with some scrap material till I thought I had the width/length just right. I then tried to do some turns and couldn't get it right. So I figured I better check out you tube, LOVE ME SOME YOU TUBE. Found several videos with helpful techniques and started on the ducks. I got one done then before I knew it I had them all done. They turned out too cute. I think a couple of them need something else added to them. I took it to work and showed the ladies there, one lady asked why some of the ducks were blindfolded....lol

Pattern--"Just Ducky" by Desiree's Designs

Last Pic is of great nephew--Dylan at almost 1 week old.

Bobbi