Old 06-21-2011, 03:50 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

I, too, am "in awe" of those that can manage to keep a quilt "clean/immaculate" from start to finish.

But when I think about how many people may have touched/pawed/petted the fabric before I even bring it home - and perhaps some of them may have had a cold or fungus -

and who knows how it was handled or where it was stored?

If I was the phobic type, that would make me wear rubber/latex gloves when I went shopping.

But I know of some people that can wear white and walk through muck and not get a spot on them (think of Mr. Roarke from Fantasy Island) - and then there others like me that can be standing in the middle of the room and someone will spill something on me (if I haven't already done so)

Perhaps the "problem" was with using the word "everyone" in the title.

Apparently many of us have our reasons FOR washing - at whatever point(s) in the process -

And others of us have reasons for NOT washing - at whatever point(s) in the process -

And trying to get "the other side" to change their method(s) is about as productive as (can't think of any non-vulgar comparisons or comparisons that aren't political or religious)!!