View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM
mdollar

Originally Posted by ConnieSue
I am an x-Ray tech and have never had a myelogram but have assisted the radiologist in doing hundreds of these. Most go very smoothly and patients aren't in pain at all. Years ago they used to have to remove the dye they put in by withdrawing it and many times lots of spinal fluid could come out at the same time which resulted in headaches. They use dye now that is absorbed into the system and does not have to be removed so it results in much better outcome for the patient. If I had to have one done I would not hesitate. Hope it will give you some answers!
I am an x-ray tech also and have done hundreds of myelograms in my career. As we said earlier, most go very smooth and patients do fine afterwards. You just need to be sure that you do exactly what they tell you to and drink lots of fluids afterwards to keep yourself hydrated. I wouldn't hesitate to have one done myself. If it tells your physician what your problem is, it is well worth it. It is very complimentary to what they see on CT and MRI and will tell a lot about your disc spaces and protruding or ruptured discs in your back. Best of luck and may God bless.