View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
vickimc

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Originally Posted by lovelyl
I want to thank everyone for all their sympathy and helpful suggestions! I have an old XP computer from my school that I need to turn in this summer because we are getting "new" ones. I am going to "test drive" the program on it and if it works, I will beg to buy the computer from the school as long as the price is right.
I have been struggling with keeping the brand secret from some weird sense of what is right, I know software gets outdated but I SHOULD be able to use old software that I paid a bundle for by just purchasing a REASONABLY priced upgrade. So, since I feel far more loyalty to you quilters, and would hate to see you get stuck spending more money in this economy (I can't as I am retiring in Dec.) I will let you know that the company is Husqvarna Viking.
When I bought my Scandinavia 400, the dealer (now out of business) told me it was a new machine. What I didn't know is that it was new in the box, but the box had been setting around for quite a while. I purchased in 2006 and later found out that it was made in 1990. I thought I was buying the latest and greatest that I could afford, but before long they were no longer manufacturing the reader/writer card I needed to download my embroidery and put into my machine. The company was no help then, either. Just a sorry, maybe you can find a dealer somewhere that still has a card. I am not happy with Husqvarna at all. I would never buy another machine from them.
One of the ladies in my quilt guild purchased a very expensive machine from them last year. Her machine wouldn't sew right from the first try. She kept sending it back for repair and finally called Husqvarna and was given no help at all, just told it was still under warrenty so send it in for repair. That machine just sits in a corner now and she bought a Bernina and loves it.
Again, thanks for all your help. There just may be a way for me to beat this company and not spend any more money with them!
I have an update on my problem. I called the LQS and the new program is on sale for $359. Too rich for my blood when I am getting ready to retire. I mentioned earlier that I had an old computer from my school that I hadn't turned in to the Tech Dept. yet. I loaded the program on it and it worked perfectly. I contacted the Tech Dept. and asked if I could purchase the computer because I knew it was just going to be sent to the recycle program. And.... THEY GAVE ME THE COMPUTER!!!! Problem solved, thanks for all the help!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
congrads. glad that worked out. Mine is a Viking too. sews great, but no help on the computer side.