View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
PKWard

I'm a lefty that was never made to use my right hand and I am very thankful for that. I find that I have some advantages because calculators are made for the right handed person, but I can write with my left hand and use the calculator with my right. I never thought about desks or spiral notebooks being made for a right handed person...I just did my work. The only thing I wish my mother had done is buy me a pair of left handed scissors when I learned to sew. I was 30 years old before I bought a pair for myself and oh what a difference it made! My hand didn't hurt and I didn't have deep grooves in my hand from using right handed scissors. I actually find left handed people to be more "polite" with their elbows because we have been dodging elbows all our lives! :D

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by writerwomen
I am a true born lefty. However, knowing things are right handed my maother against all odds taught me to cut with right handed scissors- can't even use left. I sew like I drive- with the left foot. I do a lot of applique and my left hand is the dominate for fine turns while the right is occupied with controls. I am very confortable doing most things in a right handed world but there are some things that rub the wrong way. my huusband is a righty and we often run into conflict in the way we set things up etc.
I taught both of my left handed children to use right handed scissors, Dad said it would help them later in life; he was a lefty too.