View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Sallyjane

I was looking through old watched topics and realized that I never posted pics of the quilt I made. The pics are not that great, but here they are:
Originally Posted by Sallyjane
How strange to find this post today. Guess what I worked on over the weekend, you guessed it! I incorporated a wedding dress into a quilt! It is a long story, but a young lady from our Church assumed that I would make her a baby quilt, because she'd seen me give them as gifts in the past. So, she sent me a link to colors/style that she was using for the baby's room. Well, I got to work on it right away, after much planning etc. I got the top done. Then about a week later, she contacted me and said she'd always wanted her wedding dress to be part of a baby quilt and would I do that for her. I told her it was too late, the only thing I could offer would be to back it with her dress fabric. Well the following Sunday, she brought her dress to Church for me to use!!! I did not touch it for a month! But I finally decided that it was what she wanted, so I made the fatal cut this past weekend. I did all kinds of free motion quilting, actually did it with the backing side up so I could work around the embellishments. The FMQ looks great on the satin!!! The quilt is stiffer than any I've done before, I think because the satin was so heavy duty.
Here is a link to a topic I created about this project. If you scroll down a little way, you can see a picture I attached of the look the mommy to be was going for. None of this was to suit my taste :) http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-48257-1.htm

Back of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215303[/ATTACH]

front that I already had done when she made her request
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215304[/ATTACH]

I did add some wedding dress fabric to flower pedal centers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215297.jpe   attachment-215298.jpe   attachment-215299.jpe