View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:57 AM
clsurz

That is why I purchased it because it is lightweight besides all the computerization of it. Also to take with me when I go twice a week to socialize with other sewers/quilters.

I also wanted it to do more than just a straight stitch like the old featherweights do.

HSN was offering it for over $400 and I got it from JoAnn's for a little over $230 for a one day sale they had going on. Couldn't see paying over $400 for it on HSN just because it had a added bundle. They wanted that much with the added bundle and looking up retail value of those items they still were charging over $50 more than if I got it in a retail store.

I have the Singer Futura 2000 which I primarily use for embroidery, photo stitching, auto-punch, cross stitching. It's also a sewing/serger machine but I don't want to be bothered changing it over just to sew therefore it is set up as an embroidery machine.

Right now I've been using the Brother SQ9000 for sewing and taking with me and it is a good little work horse for sure but needed something lighter so opted for the computerized featherweight.

My 8 yr old GD likes to use my mini Janome when she goes with me to these places and also likes to use the Brother SQ9000 when she comes here so I will keep that one for her and I'll use the featherweight.