View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 AM
margecam52

On most IBM/Microsoft computers, if you right click on the file you want to install, a box opens...left click on Properties...and then Compatibility...choose an older version of the software in the RUN AS box...This will let you emulate the older system.
Marge

Originally Posted by lovelyl
OK, I know there is no solution to this, but I just need to vent. When I purchased my embroidery machine ( in fairness, I will tell the brand) I also "bit the bullet" and purchased the software that would allow me to design my own embroidery. I didn't feel I could afford the upgrades (two since I purchased) so I continued using the old software which was fine for my purposes. Last month, my computer crashed and I had to replace it. My embroidery software would not work on my new computer, so I just called the company to see what the problem was. I was informed that the company was no longer supporting the old version and it would not work on my new computer operating system. When I asked about an upgrade, they said there was none, I would just have to purchase the new version, no cut in cost what so ever. The new version is WAY too expensive for me now. I feel like I am being punished because my computer crashed!!!! There, I feel better after venting. I guess. I still don't have any software for my embroidery machine. Bummer. Thanks for listening! :-(