Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
Oh My Gosh! I remember those! I used to think they were the neatest thing! When I was taking Home Economics in 7th grade and then Sewing my first year of high school, the only fabric shop around was down the street from me. It was called Martin's Fabrics and I loved to go in there. They had all kinds of fabric, from dress to home dec. Plus notions, rick rack, ribbon, etc. It was built like a castle in that it had two-round towers, one on each side of the business. I always like going there with my mother. They are still in business, but not at that location. Boy, this thread sure brought back some memories! My grandmother (Mother's Mother) was a profession seamstress and I think of her sewing often. This just brought it back. Thanks!
Wow Martin's .... it's so funny to see someone in the same state as me!! :) I love Martin's, I never saw it when it was in the castle building, but I have gone there many times over the past 10 years. They have actually downsized A LOT and moved buildings again I think.

Rachel