Old 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Minnisewta

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
My MIL goes by “Fishin’ Grandma” to all of the Grand Kids and Great Grand Kids, and she may be happiest when sitting in her little boat out on the lake fishing as much or more than doing anything else. But, when it’s rainy or cold, she also enjoys crochet, knitting, and quilting. She’s made quilts for several of us in the family (and I don’t think any of them have fish on them), but she’s first and foremost, a “Fisherwoman”.

I’m wondering how many other lady quilters on here enjoy fishing as much as quilting?

CD in Oklahoma
I'm not a big fisherwomen but my husband Gram, that we also call "Fishing Gram" picked fishing over going to the bridal shower of her first Great Daughter. She hasn't been fishing in maybe 5 years but at 97 it's a little had getting in and out of a boat. My husband hopes to take her fishing this summer at a little park where she can fish from a dock. When my son-in-law taught my daughter to clean fish, Fishing Gram thought the the best thing she could learn. Up until a few years ago Fishing Gram could knit up a storm.