Old 06-27-2011, 06:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granny_59
Even with all that "experience" I am not able to come up with the ultimate fabric for a 4 PP and I wonder how one with Kaffee Fassett fabric would look like
I am not a great fan of Kafe Fassett so probably not the best person to give an opinion. I have not made a 4PP, OBW or stack n whack of any kind with any of his fabric BUT my instinct would be that his designs are too busy for this, too much scattered colour. The thing with using a limited colour palette, ie 3 or 4 colours maximum, is that in these fabrics, the colours tend to be distributed across the pattern, So if you have a fabric that is only purple, green and cream for example you will get blocks that are mostly purple, blocks mostly green and blocks mostly cream, giving you lots of variation and design interest, If you have a very busy multi-coloured fabric, the multicolours tend to show up in every block, giving less variation. I hope that's clear. My favourite fabrics for stack n whack, 4PP, OBW etc are the Asians - long repeats, striking but limited colours and lots of swirls. :-D