View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Debra Mc

Originally Posted by ann1083
Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Howdy, from McKinney, TX.
I have a cathedral window quilt in progress. I stitch all the way through so the back is quilted as I go. I put 4 together and then put those together in a larger unit. Then whip stitch those together. Mine is entirely stitched by hand. May take years. Ha!
If doing it again I would probably not stitch all the way through. I am going through 7 layers of fabric at times. It becomes difficult on the hands. Ha! Love this pattern.
Wellcome to QB. Hope you enjoy this board has much as I do.
Wow...that is going to be beautiful! I too love cathedral window quilts but have never even dreamed of making one I am sure all those layers are hard to stitch through!
A joke on me...I have a very dear friend who lives in Dallas and I was reading a book--nonfiction--and the author kept saying she lived in the hills of east Texas--well my friend kept saying there were no hills there--she is a native Texan and she said absolutely not--but what about the author I asked? ha ha--my friend said if I was was that hard headed come out and find me a hill! So...how about it? Any hills near you? giggle
There are lots of hills in Austin. Where I live there a lot too. In Jacksonville there is a place called Lover's Lookout & it is way up there.