View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
SmickChick

When I was waiting to pick up my quilt from a recent show, I had "release #147" so I saw quite a few quilts being picked up my their makers. I noticed that the lady with the purple shirt, purple purse and, yes, purple hair (no kidding!) picked up a purple quilt. Then I noticed the red headed lady, and red heads look good in olive, and she was wearing olive, picked up the quilt of koi/goldfish on olive background. I'm a winter, and always gravitate to rose, purple, and jewel tones. I took a class and used others scraps, and ventured out of my comfort zone creating an olive and brown piece. And I look like I died in olive, so I never buy it.
You know that purple hair thing...maybe she didn't know her hair was indeed purple....well I have a cataract, which, doesn't seem to bother me....ha, ha, or does it, and I don't know it??? When my mother had her cataract removed, she exclaimed at how bright everything was.....hummmm.....I'm going to be one of those old ladies not knowing that the red lipstick is scruffing into the 'stache (pronounced: stash) - yes ladies, we all probably have more than just a fabric 'stache...