View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
BettyGee

Originally Posted by catrancher
Originally Posted by BettyGee
Don't do it! They are the biggest rip out there. That's my opinion. I bought a pair months ago and they are sitting on a shelf over my machine. Give me my Machingers any day.
"the biggest rip out there". That's quite a claim. What was the problem you had with them? Did you try them?
Well yes, I did try them. When I read about them I thought it sounded like a very cool idea. So I paid my $14.95 and was excited when I went to use them for the first time. I don't like the idea of having to place my hands exactly "so" and I was so conscious of holding them correctly that I lost my concentration on my sewing. Hey if they work for you that's great. $14.95 for two pieces of foam? I consider that a rip off, what do you think it costs to produce them? I paid $5.95 for my Machingers and they work without my giving them a second thought.

The great thing is that we are all different and what works for one may not work for someone else. That said I still think they are way overpriced for what they are. I can get a couple of yards of very nice fabric for $14.95.