Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 PM
irishrose

trkryf, you did a good job last month. It's a good start!

Welcome, vintage cowgirl. You just did sign up by saying you wanted to be part of this. To access the thread easily, bookmark it. Then you just open 'Bookmarks' to find it. I often use 'My Posts'. I usually post often enough to keep it on the first page. We need to hear from all of you. We are in this together!

Where is Xylie? It's been a few days since she posted. She asked that someone give a challenge this month. Hers was 5 pounds for the month for June. She made it, which is good. I didn't because it wasn't right for me, so my challenge for each of you is to set a goal that is reasonable and doable and write on your calender. Expectations of over 2 pounds a week, which is 9 pounds for a long month may not be a good idea as the consensus is that rapid weight loss after the first week isn't always healthy. We need to be healthy first. You don't have to post it here. Just where you can see it. I will annouce mine. I want to lose 2 pounds. I am in the home stretch and losing slowly. I also don't want too many wrinkles and want my old skin to keep up with my weight loss. Don't laugh. If I succeed, it will be two pounds less than I weigh now. BTW, for June participants - I only lost one pound. But it's one I didn't gain!

In short, this month's challenge is what's personally right for you, but post it somewhere. I do think it's good to have a goal in mind. Short term is good as little successes add up to a big success.