View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:20 AM
nance-ell

Originally Posted by MTS
Thanks Circle Square.

Yowza! That's quite an investment for each pattern if you have to buy 3 boards. I assume that it's a lot easier for the LA-er than a paper pantograph for that price.

As for the pattern, as QuiltE said above, there are only 3 larger blocks that make up the quilt.

One is made up of 4 HST blocks, and the other 2 configurations are made up of smaller 4 patch blocks (although the method of construction can vary). You can see them highlighted below.

It's all in the layout.

And the excellent value work the maker of the quilt did in choosing her brights. They work together as one, but provide all kinds of pattern and texture interest throughout the entire quilt. Just because white is used as the contrast doesn't mean that any other fabric can just be used randomly. Well, it can. But the result wouldn't be nearly as impressive.
I love this quilt! Thanks for the visual. I see a 4th block - there is one right above the "chevron" (don't know the real name!) block. It is also 4 patches, just placed in a different position. Now I see how this would go together quickly, because the finished product makes it look much more complicated.