View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Kappy

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
If you did want to try and locate the family who the letter belonged to I might be able to help. I work in collections and I also do skiptracing. I am very good at locating people who do not want to be found.

Robyn
Wow, how ever did you wind up in that particular proffession? This group of quilter's is so interesting! That story is so heart wrenching! My brother was over there, thankfully he made it home. I hope you can find them.
It was by accident. I started out as a part time file clerks at an agency where a friend was the secretary to the VP. It took them a year to get me to become a bill collector. It can be a very challenging job. It keeps you on your toes. Also despite what people may think I do get to help people out. It can be overwhelming when all you see is a large bill and I give them a different way at looking at their situation. An example would be you have a bill for $5000.00 and that is all you see, that and that you dont have that kind of money. I tell you that we can settle the account for $2500.00 and that you can pay it over 5 months for $500 each month. Or I may give your money sources that you may not know about. Yes there are some very bad collectors out there. I follow the FDCPA which governs debt collectors. I'm in this to help people not make their lives more diffcult. I used to be on the otherside of those phone calls from abusive bill collectors. That is one of the reason I didnt want to become a bill collector, but it is also the reason why I did eventually become one.

Robyn
Bless your heart. In this time of economic hardship I'm glad there are people like you!