View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 PM
txwildflower

Originally Posted by tammy cosper
When my husband and I go on the military base sometimes we are there when they do "Colors". Those of you who have been military or are military know what I'm talking about. And it always empresses me to NO END how when the music starts. Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE stands still,stops what they are doing and salutes! One time this happened to us and it was snowing so hard outside. But still EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and saluted. Some people even got out of their cars and saluted. It's like time just stops for a little bit.
This is a very powerful thing to experience.And most of the time it leaves me and my husband emotional. I wish everyone could experience that.
Being a military wife and going on base often, when they do the "colors" is something we all stop and pay respect. Some civilians don't even know that this happens on all military bases. Here, at Randolph AFB, TX they also play reville at 6:30AM and at 10PM they play Taps. The Taps always brings tears to my eyes. Also, when a soldiers body is brought back to RAFB , from this war, everyone lines the streets to pay their respect. It is a sight to behold to see everybody lining the main street.