View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Jazzz

Hi all!

Sadly enough, I just found this website today after painfully searching the web on ways to sell my stash. As hard times have fallen on my family too, I haven't been able to touch any quilting over the last 2 years. Downsizing and moving have forced me to deal with my stash that I started 20 years ago, before kids. Some I had already donated to a friend involved with community quilt efforts, so what I had left was stuff I was really attached to. I was all alone in an empty house going through and re-visting with all my beloved fabrics. I resigned myself to seperating out and keeping any fabrics to do with landscape quilting (I had been collecting lots but never really got to starting one...suprise suprise!) and rag quilts for gifts.

I've been out of the true quilting scene for about 10 years when life with 3 babies really got busy. The only way to stay kinda in and keep my sanity was to be fortunate enough to have The Great American Quilt Factory/Possibilities nearby and who had an awsome, unique Block of the Month pattern. So, imagine my suprise when someone last week told me (as I was trying to just give her fabric) that there was a new store that buys quilt fabrics from individuals. I figured money was money.

But the nice, suprising thing about this journey was finding this website today and reading a bunch of you all's posts. I found myself getting excited again about quilting with a renewed passion. With everything going on, this is more of a foreign feeling as I haven't had a creative outlet in a long time. I think I've decided to hang on to more of my BEAUTIFUL fabrics and get to a place where I can, once again, create some works of art. (I am the type that gets the top done and hangs it on the wall) My avitar is the last top I created on my own and says a lot about my style.

I haven't had the opportunity to be involved in a "virtual social scene" and look forward to chatting and getting out of my isolating tendencies.

So, thank you for taking the time to read my sob story.

Looking forward to reading all the fun topics on here
Have a safe 4th of July.