Old 07-03-2011, 05:28 PM
dollycaswell

Originally Posted by terry leffler
Thanks for the tute, Dolly!
I copied it to print but can't seem to be able to copy the pics! All I get is the address of the ture!
Did you use the top demensions for the mattress? I need to make a full width out of a queen.
Terry
Yes Terry, the dimensions I used was the standard size for a TWIN SIZE mattress. For a queen, you need to measure your mattress and then measure the depth of the mattress and the amount you want to tuck under, for example if your queen mattress is 10 inches deep and want a tuck under of 5 inches, you would want to cut 15 1/2 inches out of the corner (1/2 inch for seams). BUTTTTTTT, stop everything here!!! You have to start with the size of the sheet FIRST. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO TO TUCK UNDER 5 INCHES. What size is your sheet? Make all your calculations based on the size of the sheet. For a queen fitted you'll possibly have to use a king flat sheet in order to have it fit the depth of the mattress and the tuck under you need. Just measure and give it some careful consideration before you cut.