Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM
All Thumbs

Yes, yes, yes to my Accuquilt GO! I make a lot of Project Linus and other charity quilts and the strip die cutter is a huge help for me. I have both the large and small widths of that. I also have the star and heart appliques and have been enjoying those as I learn machine applique. The rectangle blade is one I do not use as much as the others so I would not recommend getting it. Granted they are expensive but I feel they are well worth it, especially since I have arthritis in the hands. I find if one irons five pieces of fabric together (four if fabric is cheaper with lots of starch or thick), the cutting is easier than just throwing material on the blades. I just received my parallelogram die and have never put together that block with such accuracy.

I feel the GO is worth the money if you are an avid quilter but am not too sure about the smaller BabyGo. My biggest hint is make sure your cutter is sitting upon a very sturdy table before trying to use it. A light weight table will only wobble and you will not be happy. Fortunately, I have an old, heavy office desk in my sewing room.

Thanks for the tip, SilverSandy. I will check out Amazon and see if I can get some other blades a tad bit cheaper.