Old 01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Betty

Hi all,
Some great ideas! Thanks. I have been running some ideas around in my head to make a small portable ironing area type thing to just have on my sewing table for the endless little pieces you want to hit with the iron real quick and get back to your piecing. I am getting of an age that the less jumping up & down to the board for each little thing the more energy I have left to actually be piecing, rather than all that up and down. Was not thinking of a piece of wood, just a little padded press cloth kind of piece with the thermal backing, found some already padded and quilted on sale at Joanns & had picked it up, for something, someday but now think, though it will add a little more weight, mounting it on a piece of wood will give it more stability, can staple it onto the wood back, like upholstering. They do make the board covers with the grid printed on in the middle to keep your block lined up/sized while pressing but think if you do it carefully you can draw your own on, perhaps using a piece of muslin and permanent marker for the outer top piece. Anyway, thanks for the ideas. It all comes together when we all share doesn't it? Betty 8)