View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 AM
ploverwi2

Reversible Table Runner (Looks like it is braids)

Use a different seasonal fabric for the front and back to make this a fast and fabulous tablerunner.
Fabric required:
1/3 yard of 3 matching fabrics
1 1/2 yards of backing fabric
1 1/2 yard batting

Cutting:
Choose a center focus fabric and cut one 6 1/2" x 901/2" rectangle. From all three fabrics cut 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" rectangles(total of 18 in all).

Lay all of your pieces out in front of you to decide how to place the fabrics. Using a 1/4" seam allowance,start with the center fabric #1, sew a #2 fabric on both of the long sides. Press all seams away from the center. Continue with the remaining fabrics following the numbers in diagram. I couldn't post the original pattern, with the diagram, but if you look at the attached picture, you can figure out the layout.

Lay your batting down smoothing out any lumps and lay your backing fabric right side up on top of the batting. Now lay your runner wrong side up on the backing. Pin the three layers together at each corner and sew 1/4" seam all the way around leaving an opening large enough to fit your hand through (about 6").

Clip the corners and the center valleys to just before the seam all the way around. Turn inside out and push the points out with a point turner. Press carefully and close the opening with a fusible web, hand sew, or whatever method you prefer.

Quilting suggestions:
Quilt a 1/4" from the seam inside each rectangle (Use the same color thread as the fabric that you like the best). Bobbin thread should match the backing.

I was told that if I typed out the pattern, I could post it, because it is so old and not available online anywhere.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221777[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221771.jpe