Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
It looks like you have quite a few back clamping (for 66-1) attachments; not sure what else. If you have trouble finding a 27 shuttle, let me know.
I'm going to be away for a couple of days; going off to Ohio to play machines with like-minded folk!!

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Well, I finally took the time to look at the Singer 27 I picked up at an auction. Actually a friend picked it up for me. If I had been there I would have passed, but...
The bobbin shuttle is not for this machine....too long. It has tons of attachments probably not for this machine either. Patent dates on the plate say Dec 5 1882; Sept 22 1885; July 19 1887; Aug 21 1888; Jan 13, 1891.
Here are a couple pics:
Do you have a length I could go by? I have a couple machines with shuttles (none of them the size of the one that came in the puzzle box.
Also, I looks to me that some of these attachments are bent. At least it looks that way to me! The puzzle box is quite a piece of workmanship! It has places to insert attachments so they stay in place. Just wish I knew what belonged to this machine and what doesn't. There are tons of machine needles...again, not sure if they fit this machine. Look pretty small in my opinion. Also there is a plate that is narrower than this machines plate. Looks like it could fit my Davis. No manual for this machine, so will be looking for one. And the tension looks incomplete also. Need pictures of this to determine for sure.I think I forgot to say earlier that my 27 dates 2-6-1905!
Hope to find time this weekend to take a look at the 66 I have ...a 1926 date.
Randa, you can Google the part number stamp/imprinted in each part and type singer attachments after each number and 'usually' it will tell you what it is and then which machines they will work for. Hope that works for you.

made up example: 610056 singer attachment