View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
I have a love/hate relationship with fb. It's easy to get sucked into and spend way too much time on there. For those concerned about privacy- no one can see your "stuff" unless you want them to. It's more private than this board is, actually, because anyone in the world can access this board, but only those that you grant access to can see your information on facebook. You have the ability to decide your privacy settings. It is a really great way to stay in touch with friends and family, and an excellent way to network, promote businesses, events, etc.

Exactly. People who have issues with Facebook are not setting their privacy options correctly.
I will say FB doesn't make it the easiest thing in the universe to set them, but it is possible to make sure on occasion that nothing is set the way you don't want it.
I don't play games, I don't need a lot of the "apps" so I have it set to SECURE ( you see ' https' in your address. )

Just because there is a space to enter your home address or phone number doesn't mean you HAVE to, anymore than you have to give your complete birthday, or 'attach' yourself to other people by calling them husband, daughter or niece when you friend them.

I enjoy FB, there were 116 people in my graduating class, about half are on FB and I think it will make the possibility of a 30th reunion far more possible (*and enjoyable)....we never did do a 10, 20 0r 25.

I "DO" get sucked in there, however, because it is MUCH easier to read and respond than it is here or at any other message board.

I am forever looking for the LIKE button here!!! LMAO
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

So, after all that, you can FRIEND me... Trish Casey-Green (put quilt board in message :-P