Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
omak

Are you my twin??? I have that Kenmore machine, too! We get along really well. I have her at the Post (or, he as the case may be and depending on my mood.) Interesting story about how I happen to have that machine. It was purchased in the sixties (I believe) by my mother who gave it to my sister in law who was going to throw it away when it quit working.
I called on the phone and saved its life, not knowing where it came from or where it belonged, but I traded a working machine for the one she was going to throw away.
Took it to a repairman when it made its way across the state, and it works great ... have been using it at the Post for weekly workdays for at least two years. I didn't really know anything about it until a couple weeks ago, I decided to look at the owner's manual (the last thing I ever do! :oops: ) and DSIL had written the day she got it and from whom she received it. (My mother has only been wondering about where that machine went for the last fifteen years or so! LOL) ...
whatchya going to buy next, huh? I'll see if the West coast can keep up with the east! LOL <wave>