Thread: Wish Me Luck
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Whernandez
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I've been a member of the group for a very long time, but just recently just started posting.

I am originally from Chicago, IL., but now reside in FL. I really do dislike it here, and wish my hubby would reconsider and decide to move back home. Anyhow... with my move down here I've lost my sewing room. And as a result my sewing drive as well. I do have my machine set up in my room but I can't really sew on it b/c it's on a little bookshelf. Our dining room table is one of the newer "bar stool type" very high, and makes it reaching for my pedal almost impossible when i try to sew on it. So I struggle each time I want to sew in my room or on the dining room table.

I am going to see if I can put all that aside and see if I can manage on getting a project done. Before I moved down to FL, my mom and I watched a show segment of Sewing With Nancy, and she had a guest Mary Mulari, and she was converting old sweatshirts into Jackets.

Well, I did buy a sweatshirt way back when, and I just recently found it in my storage. This was supposed to be for my mom, and I want to start on it, and see if I can get it done in time for her birthday in September. It's a white sweatshirt, and I'm going to try machine embroidery, and I'm going to try and line the inside of the sweatshirt after I complete the embroidery so that you can't see the raw stitches from the inside. It sounds like a lot, but I need to get back my mojo. I love sewing and machine embroidery, and quilting I just hope my finished project looks as pretty as Nancy and her guest Mary.

Thanks for listening! I'm gonna go looking for designs now! I'll post pictures when I get something done! lol

Thanks
Wanda
Mary Mulari written has books on redoing sweatshirts. Maybe you could find them at the library if you get stuck? I used to sit on a living room chair, and put my sewing machine on a good solid TV tray. I bought my tray at Walmart, for about $8. Best part is you can put it all away when you have guests coming.
http://www.marymulari.com/books/Swea...or_All_Seasons