Old 05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
retiredbriar

I just joined this QB recently and enjoy your comments and questions very much and especially pictures of your projects. I live in Dayton, OH. I only started getting into embroidery and quilt making a couple of years ago, but have always loved it. I also crochet but usually give them all away shortly after making them. But isn't that what you make them for?

Last year I hand embroidered 12 quilt squares of a long stem rose and set it with red sashing to match the red roses, which turned our really pretty. This year I have completed 30 squares in 2 shades of blue for a quilt for my daughter. I hope to hand quilt this one. I get my quilt squares from jdneedleart.com. They have a much wider variety than Herschner's, and are of the same quality. If you can order at J. D. Needleart through a business, the cost is much less, i.e. $3.75 per 6 squares vs $9.99 for 6 squares on line. I also have a book I got at Joann's with directions to embroidery all kinds of flowers which I hope to get into soon. I think redwork is beautiful and have a book on that, too.