View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM
hlponyfarm

Awe... dont be so hard on yourself. Im a self taught quilter. it has taken me forever it seems to learn. I start out one block at a time. start with beginner blocks and I just practice. I couldnt use a rotary cutter to save my life and Im finally getting more efficient with it. 1/4" seams were a joke. They too are getting much better. When I get bored or better at one thing I move on to something else. I hoard fabrics and thread and sometimes feel guilty that I have so much fabric and I dont really make anything. but I know its there if and when. LOL I have started to struggle through understanding patterns. I have started with the garden cats and applique and Im having so much fun with it. No they are not perfect and they are not supposed to be. It takes me all day to make one! I just bought 4 more patterns on the same line and the dog ones too. keep working at it. everything done well is usually from practice! I just like puttering around with it know someday I might make something great. LOL it will be great to me if I can finish a large project. I find it relaxing most of the time. frustrating some of the time but rewarding all of the time. keep at it and pic one thing to practice then on to another. by the time you get to make something you will be good at it and happy. God Bless JoAnn