View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 PM
colleen53

Originally Posted by angelwatcher
Love your bow tucks, I've made 4 so far but have plans for more. The larger one is great for a baby bag or for traveling. I like the smaller size too.

I looked at your list of bow tucks and I noticed that you don't quilt the outside of many of your bags. Have you observed a
ny difference in construction besides being faster to make and did you change anything else from the pattern? I love shortcuts. Has anyone had to wash one yet and if so how did it hold up? I love the addition of the piping, is that hard to do? You have a wonderful sense of color combos and your DH too. Keep them coming, it's inspiring.
I have sold many to use as diaper bags.. I don't quilt them anymore at all.. I did at first because that is what the directions called for.. but I use the heavier pellon and I see no need for it. I have not had any feedback on washings.. I tell people they can be and they say NO.. not gonna change anything about it..
I love to do the piping. I use a piping foot and it goes on like a dream.. however , you don't have to have a special foot to do this,,for me it makes it easier.
I love making these.. if you clicked on page 5 , I posted a bag my grand daughter is helping me do.. it's all about the mood of the day !
good luck with yours and ty for your sweet comments.