View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 AM
caspharm

Originally Posted by Linda B
The first picture below is from the cover of Judy Neimeyer's Bali Wedding Star pattern. The second picture shows the fabric groupings I've come up with (so far) for the rings. Please give me your honest opinions about the fabrics -- does anything 'jump' out as being too bright, too dull, out of place, etc. This is an expensive and time consuming project and I'll appreciate any help I can get!!! Sorry about the second one being a little bit dark, but with the flash the colors were all washed out. Thanks.
Hi Linda,

I just had a class with Judy Niemeyer about a month ago. She helped me with the color selection by having me open several packages and then we just started making sets by pulling together ones that work well from each pack, making sure we went from light to dark. I just picked the sets that went well together and brought those to class. I showed them to Judy, she started picking colors (she loves to pick colors) and then I started picking as well. [She is a great teacher.]

All your sets look good. Pick 4 or 5 that you like best and make your sets out of those. How large is your quilt going to be?

I was able to find the suggested colors for the background and stars at online QS's.

I now have lots of loose strips to use for other projects, but her point was for me not to stuck to the colorways of the individual Bali Pop sets.