Old 07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
dlwillia

I am making a quilt for my MIL and it has been the project from !@#$! ran out of fabric twice, sewed the blocks in wrong order several different times, caming up short on batting. I thought all the headaches were over and I could enjoy quilting, NOT, The batiks are tough to needle, but I can deal with that. But dogone it I can't see my markings on the front of the quilt, I've used a mechanical pencil, yellow,pink,green and white chalk sewline pencils and still the fabric is too busy! thought I would baste around my blocks and mark on the back so out came all my stitches. I thought this seems to be working out just fine, feathers look nice and puffy but when I look at the top, Nothing, can't even tell I quilted anything no puffiness you can barely see the stitching. Am I doing something wrong, will it look better after being washed, should I just fight it and work from the top or continue from the backside. Oh I wish my DH didn't tell my MIL that I was making this for her, now I'm stuck and I just want to be done with it! I'm so ready to make this a ufo for a very very very long time! Any thoughts and suggestions would be most appriciated. And thanks for letting me vent!

feathered wreath on the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225085[/ATTACH]

feathered wreath on the front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225086[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225079.jpe   attachment-225080.jpe   attachment-225081.jpe