View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Leah Day

Originally Posted by sewmom
I really like some of her quilting designs, but does she do any that are not fill designs. I think it makes the quilt too stiff if it's quilted that much. Would it be possible to enlarge them or would it be harder to maneuver? I'm looking for designs for my quilts- tired of doing the same old stuff.
Hey Sewmom - Yes, all the designs from the project can be enlarged - think of writing your name on a small piece of paper, then writing it again on a HUGE billboard sign. This is simply scale - increase the scale and size of the design, the bigger it will be, the more space it will take up, and the less stiff your quilts will be.

It's true that some designs work better for this than others, so I'd advise you to start with the Independent Designs first - http://www.daystyledesigns.com/365fillerdesignmain.htm

These are all based on Stippling and if you can stitch that design, most of these should come easily to you. Just aim to leave at least 1 - 2 inches between you lines of quilting and your quilt will be soft and cuddly.

Good luck,

Leah Day