View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 PM
arimuse

give me the cookie cutter hotel any day! No tents, RVs cabins - I just want a nice shower and bed with wifi, ice, and breakfast. Not that I dont like the outdoors or nature. When we travel I like all the museums, art galleries, off map sites and curiosities. I love parks, beaches, walking, hiking, biking, taking tons of pictures. We just find an outlying rm and travel all over an area, checking things out, come back tired, maybe swim, shower, check emails on laptops, sleep. (we've come across and wild hog festival, and a fire ant festival in our travels - fun)
Also, Im on vacation - that means no cooking, dishes, picking up after anyone. Hubs gets that now.
when finding a rm never pay what they give you as a price at the desk, always plan where you'll end up. If you roll in late you can usually get a lower price since most places want to sell rms out. Be prepared to go to the next place if you don't like the rate. 2 yrs ago we went to FL and got a place for a week on the gulf, on the beach, a 3 rm full kitchen place, which was way more than we needed, but we'd gone down the row of hotel/motels and hubs was not going to pay the prices they were asking and the third place he stopped was this efficency and they had no one and we got it for 65$ a nite. (I cooked in this place -lol). They even had a bbq on the deck, so hubs qed. We ended up vacation in Key West on the edge of town and biked all over the island, it was a great time. sharet