Old 07-14-2011, 05:57 AM
BuzzinBumble

The only consolation is this: to hope that whoever the lucky person was who won your beautiful quilt was giddy with joy at getting it for such a steal. If I won one like that, I would have been doing the happy feet dance and calling everyone I knew to come over and see my new quilt.

A very similar thing happened to me the one and only time I donated a very nice quilt for a raffle. I made the quilt to appeal to the interests of the people attending the raffle and it was beautiful if I do say so myself. ;) I was very dismayed to stop by and see that that the quilt was not even unfolded and that it was practically buried amongst at least a dozen other raffle items (baskets of bath products, etc.) When I last saw it, it only had about 5 dollars in its accompanying jar.
At least the organizers did not call me to cheerfully tell me know how little it brought in. You had every right to feel upset about that!
Oh those dratted "Lessons learned the hard way"! I've decided from now to only make quilts as gifts for people who will love them. I'll donate in ways that did not take so much of my heart and time.