View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 AM
LindaM49

Chiming in here too because no...I don't think so. One of my grandaughters has all of the gadgets you mentioned but...the one thing she doesn't have and wants so bad is a sewing machine. If I bite the bullet next spring and buy myself a new machine...I will give her the one I use now. It's a great machine but I want a machine more geared to quilting...lol

Actually what really got me back to sewing is a series of books I have been reading. Author is/was Amish and she writes a lot of different "series" books. I ordered her first book and couldn't put it down. Just finished the second...and the final book will be out in the fall. Amish equals a lot of quilting. The more I read I thought...Linda...it's time to drag out your quilting supplies and get back into it. Plus one of the main characters in the book left the faith and married an "Englishman". But now she has moved back home because the "English" ways seem too modern for her daughter. But she is torn between her husband and her heritage. She works in a quilt shop and talks about all of the gorgeous fabrics. So...lol...it grabbed me.