View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Buckeye Rose

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
this was a break down from the beginning

i don't even know a LA that would use sheets for the backing and i certainly have never known a LA that would be willing to piece a back for the customer.

if you wanted her to piece your back it was up to you to tell her and then at least a conversation could have taken place on the issue.

then the LA should have called you and said your back isn't big enough for the top bring me a different backing fabric when you can and the top will sit here until you do.

My LA would do those things and has for me.....I took in a quilt with what I thought was enuf backing....long story short, it was 6" short, no matter which way we tried to piece.....I was in a very tight spot (waiting on the call for transplant) and she told me she would work it out....I trusted her and left the quilt in her hands....she liked the fabric so much (small red, gray, black and white stripe), she ended up finding the fabric at another store and bought the correct amount for my quilt and kept the first amount for herself! She finished the quilt in 1 week and I was able to give to my DGD for Christmas on time! I cannot tell you how much I appreciated what she did for me and I tell everyone I know. She deserves as much business as I can give her.