View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
BrendaK
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by Holice
I would use a patchwork printed cheater cloth.
or put a simple checkerboard patchwork band around the bottom of the skirt. You could do the patchwork and then sew a wide piece of plain fabric and iron it to the back for the backing, with no batting. Then if you have a serger can serge the border to the rest of the skirt.
never heard of a patchwork cheater sheet. Where would I find one.

What a great idea also to serge the skirts together. Here I've been hand sewing the skirts together and that would save lots of edge triming and sewing time. Thanks so much.
A "cheater" cloth is fabric that is printed with a quilt pattern. I like to use them especially for smaller projects like this, because you get the look of a quilt without the bulk of so many seams. Most fabric stores have some, and online might be a good source.
Hi wordpaintervs, I was just thinking the same thing. I have two pieces of fabric with different quilting patterns (Log Cabin, and one that looks like it has been quilted). Hope you received the other fabric I sent you. I would be happy to send you some of these fabrics if you like. How much fabric is needed? PM me. Again GOD bless for doing this. BrendaK