View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by gbquilter
Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by gbquilter
When I saw your dolls I thought: I like it that they don't have faces. Native Americans never put faces on the dolls they made (make) for their children. That way the child can use their imagineation to give the doll the personality they want. Nothing is worse than to see a doll with a smiling face when they are feeling sad or even angry. Please consider making some dolls without faces for these children. As for the skirts, you could just do a simple continual nine patch pattern.
Thats a fine idea. Do they have a special Native American organization for children with serious medical problems that need a doll? Could you give me an address, etc???
I will check into that for you. Off hand I don't know of any Native American Hospitals but I will research it and get back to you. Thank you for considering giving to them too.
I love all children. Some of the dolls have a white body fabric. none have hair as most go to kids with cancer and the chemo makes them lose their hair, and a hat keeps their heads warm. I hav attached the two in one doll I just finished that MAY be going to St. Judd's.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227465.jpe   attachment-227466.jpe