View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
rahaube

A little over 21 years ago, I bought a Pfaff to make my daughter's wedding gown. My old signer had seen better days and the fabric for the gown was worth far more than the machine I then had. I still have the Pfaff today and love the even feed foot and built in needle threader but it lacked some of the features I wanted when I got into quilting. About 6 years ago I bought a Viking Platinum 755Q. It had the needle down feature and the built in needle threader but I had to buy a walking foot separately and it was big and bulky compared to the even feed foot on the Pfaff. It had features that made it much better for free motion quilting. I am currently getting ready to sell this machine as I have upgraded to a Janome Horizon QCP with an 11 arm which is great for free motion quilting. It also has the needle down, built in needle threader, many special stitches, a large extension table, a knee lifter bar and a start/stop buttton which allows you to sew without the foot pedal. There are probably other features I have not even explored yet.