Old 07-16-2011, 07:15 PM
BrendaK
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by BrendaK
Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by Holice
I would use a patchwork printed cheater cloth.
or put a simple checkerboard patchwork band around the bottom of the skirt. You could do the patchwork and then sew a wide piece of plain fabric and iron it to the back for the backing, with no batting. Then if you have a serger can serge the border to the rest of the skirt.
never heard of a patchwork cheater sheet. Where would I find one.

What a great idea also to serge the skirts together. Here I've been hand sewing the skirts together and that would save lots of edge triming and sewing time. Thanks so much.
A "cheater" cloth is fabric that is printed with a quilt pattern. I like to use them especially for smaller projects like this, because you get the look of a quilt without the bulk of so many seams. Most fabric stores have some, and online might be a good source.
Hi wordpaintervs, I was just thinking the same thing. I have two pieces of fabric with different quilting patterns (Log Cabin, and one that looks like it has been quilted). Hope you received the other fabric I sent you. I would be happy to send you some of these fabrics if you like. How much fabric is needed? PM me. Again GOD bless for doing this. BrendaK
Did you send that strip of patchwork? I was given some plain yellow that I thought I would use it on as a pretty border. I think it will be perfect. I'll PM you later. HUgs by the bucketful
No Sorry I didn't. I answered your PM. BrendaK