View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:36 AM
dixiechunk

I agree with you but most people still see them as a call for gifts. Kind of sad.
Originally Posted by Karen K
Just FYI about graduation "invitations", the cards you receive are actually graduation "announcements" not necessarily invitations to the actual graduation as a lot of graduations now days have limited seating and you need a ticket to get into the graduation. The "announcements" are just to let people know of an accomplishment ... not necessarily a bid for money. I viewed my childrens' announcements as letting relatives know what's going on with my kids and they are not expected to do anything about it. I always send them a picture as well with a note as to what is happening with my child at the time. I get those from my cousins etc., and love hearing from them even if I haven't seen them for many years. Additionally, my kids ALWAYS write thank you notes! And, they are both boys!!! Sorry about my vent, but I know my aunt was rude to my sister about receiving a graduation announcement and was told she hadn't seen her daughter in years and wasn't giving her anything .... that aunt no longer gets updates .... she apparently does not care (she lives half way across the country). I have received those invitations for GCs only and still made things. It is MY gift to give! Good luck.