View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by laceybritt
I know times are changing BUT I have received an invitation to a bridal shower that states gift cards only and from 1 to 3. The same with a baby shower invitation. IMO this is extremely tacky and makes me feel like I should just drop off the gift card and leave. I barely know the parents of the couples! I was told this is how they are 'throwing' the showers now. Is this going on in your town also?????? Am I just being too old fashioned to think the choice of gift is mine to make??? I can understand a theme or 'we are registered at' but just all gift cards only?????
Not surprising with today's young people. I haven't heard of this before, but if I should receive an invitation stating this I would definitely not attend nor would I give any type of gift. To me the gift should be the giver's choice and what they can afford. Unless however, the giver specifically ask the recepient just what they wanted, and planned to give that particular gift.
And an invitation stating 1-3 gift cards, that really takes the cake in my opinion!!! Just me but I would not give them anything, and if ever ask why, I wouldn't hestitate to tell them.