Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Eagle Hawk

I took a class on crazy quilting only to learn how to 'quilt' the quilt since I already knew the basics of how to make the crazy quilt front/blocks. The instructor had crazy quilts from the 1800's to the present and she said they never machine or hand quilted the quilts. She said they are always tied them. Since the blocks are sewed onto a base fabric of muslin or such, she said to use batting and backing, then tie them only from the back by only going into the quilt as far as the muslin base and not clear through to the front of the designed block. Just hook the yarn into that and come back out and tie it in a square knot. You would still need to keep the ties close so the batting wouldn't fall later. I love to make crazy quilts and use tons of embellishments...beads, stitches, lace on each seam and so on. I embroidery a little picture by hand to use as the center of each block and work around it. If you want ideas of where to get yarn for the stitching and embellishments pm me. Your quilt is really pretty. It will be great when it is done. It is so ballanced and the colors are so pretty together.