Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM
aorlflood

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Your comments at then end of your blog about shopping your stash for a good while so that when you pass away your family doesn't have to deal with it made me think. My husband has no idea about the value of my stash!! I can see him just going in there with a large Hefty bag, but gee, if I tell him now will he make me stop buying? lol.
Congrats on your haul, I'm sure that quilter is looking down happy her stash went to someone who will use it!
I know that my DIL will take much of my stash...I taught her to quilt and she now has the "bug".

Fortunately, for me, my DH is very involved with my quilting hobby and finds great bargains for me. In fact, if he was going to bid on the sewing machine for me if I wasn't able to get off of work to go to the auction myself. He knows the estimated prices of quilting fabric and supplies...so he would never just go in with a garbage bag and toss it.

However, that said, it was a little depressing for me to be going through this woman's stash and realizing how much she had "planned" and "hoped" to do, but never got around to it. It is that part of the sorting, etc., that I don't want to put my family through. I'd like to get my stash down to a small amount.

Use it up, make do, or do without!...my new motto!!

One day a couple years ago when Walmart was clearing out the sewing dept., they had all their batting on the clearance aisle. DH was there and saw it and called me to ask if I wanted it...he read each package to me and then told me how much it was marked down to. He bought all 8 rolls that were there. He said that in the checkout line the two women behind him were talking and one said to him "your wife must be a quilter!" He's good about picking up bargains for me like that.