View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 PM
sailsablazin

I have a Whirlpool front loader and dryer. I do like them since a normal load holds double what my 23 year old Maytag used to hold. I can now wash sleeping bags instead of going to the laundromat. The washer does sound like a helicopter when it spins (makes it interesting, since we are in the helicopter flight path from our local hospital). The normal wash cycle takes 50 minutes. The dryer is much shorter since the washer really spins the clothes out.

The repairman warned me about the LG (sorry, ladies). He says that they cannot get parts for LG since they come from overseas. A customer has been waiting for 5 months for parts for a refrigerator still under warranty.
Since I am tall, I definitely bought the pedestal drawers under them and store all of my detergent here(buy it on sale and stockpile). Had to raise a cupboard since the machines with pedestal drawers are really tall.
I would have kept my old Maytag if the dryer hadn't died.

The new front loading Maytags are nothing but trouble--from my friend and the repairman. My friend had 7 service calls on it in the first year and then bought a Whirlpool). Whirlpool has bought out most of the other brands, but still makes them and puts Kenmore and other names on their machines. I did lots of research before I bought and bought directly from Whirlpool and saved a ton of money.

You do have to leave the door and soap dispenser ajar so that it doesn't get musty (no big deal for me). I stick a hand towel in the door so that the kids don't close it accidentally. Oh and I wanted a stainless steel interior so that it did not chip and rust. Whew!