Thread: Cutting space?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:10 AM
ploverwi2

I have a most wonderful cutting area. I don't have a separate sewing room, but my bedroom is quite a good size. Five years ago, I had my son get me a hollow, unfinished door, without the hand hole cut into it. I have that resting, against a wall, on top of an old computer desk, the kind that would have the top part added to it. It stays there great, no wobble ever. This is a desk without that top part. I also bought that huge cutting mat from Joann's, when they still offered 50% off of notions, and looks like it was made for the door. It is absolutely the best cutting table ever. I found an article about using the door on two saw horses, in a magazine. You can use whatever you want to place the door on, just so it is stable and is a good height for you. You just can't imagine what a joy it is to cut on this set up and, the door is not overly heavy to move,if necessary. Also, at the far right end I have my sewing machine set up, by a wonderful window, with a wonderful view. Oh yes, and it is awesome for pinning quilts too. Clamps work so nicely around the edges of the door.