View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 PM
mlbieds

I am on my second set of FL. My first set was a Kenmore, and back then they didn't tell (or warn) you about mold/slime. I managed to gunk mine up with a combination of keeping it closed and using too much soap & fabric softener. After MONTHS of research and effort, I finally got it cleaned up. Just recently, the dryer started to go out, so my DH kindly decided to buy a new set. I got a Samsung steam W/D set. LOVE them! A regular wash takes 58 minutes, and it has a quick wash option that takes 27 minutes. I will echo what many others said about the shortened dry times because it spins so much water out. The thing you have to get used to is that yes, they are longer cycle times, but aren't you doing other things while it is washing? I never stand around and wait for my clothes to finish. Mine has a nice chime that lets me know when it is done.
Here's what to watch for: NEVER leave clothes in it for more than 24 hours or so. ALWAYS leave the door ajar when not in use. Wipe down the rubber seals and clean out the filter if you have one. Learned the hard way: DO NOT use too much soap, and always use HE soap. Get used to no suds. I now use Charlie's Soap (google it) and vinegar for rinsing. I spot treat with a product called Zout. My clothes are very clean. Best of Luck!